The beach today was great. You had a wonderful time, and now you have the mother of all sunburns. AND IT HURTS! What to do?
1) Cool your skin with a nice air conditioned environment.
2) For mild sunburn, topical steroids such as 1% hydrocortisone for 2 or 3 days may relieve discomfort.
3) For more severe burns, Ibuprofen 400 mg 2 times a day coupled with Neosporin 2-3 times a day may provide relief.
4) For severe burns, see your dermatologist.
5) Keep skin moisturized while healing, and remember you are more prone to burns while healing.