Pretty nails are a necessity summer.
Here are 10 tips for keeping them healthy and pretty:
- Keep your nails clean and dry so that bacteria don’t collect under the nail.
- To avoid ingrown toenails, cut your nails straight across.
- If toenails are thick and hard to cut, soak them in warm water 10 minutes before trimming.
- Wear proper-fitting shoes.
- Don’t try to self-treat ingrown toenails, especially if they are infected.
- Consider a daily foot powder.
- Nail biting can damage skin and spread infection.
- Report problems with your nails to a dermatologist.
- Check your nail salon for cleanliness. Make sure they keep separate implements for you only.
- Avoid cutting and pushing back cuticles.